Monday, July 13, 2009

My angel

Millie is two. On most days, that's a good thing. Not so much this weekend. She woke up too early in the mornings, then fell apart by 9 a.m., making mornings rather unpleasant. At night she has resurrected her nasty little habit of projectile vomiting when we try to put her in her crib. I am running out of sheets. 

I was feeling pretty sorry for myself until I saw a special on conjoined twins. These sweet little girls face a life time of surgeries and severe disabilities, yet greet every day with joy and laughter. 

So we let Millie fall asleep on the couch last night (after she covered her dad with that night's dinner, thank you very much) and I took these snap shots to remind myself how lucky we are to only be losing a little bit of sleep. 

1 comment:

Tune said...

Good to see you and Millie today! I hope your angel is taking a nap. Both of mine are :) And thanks for this post, we are blessed and need to be gently reminded from time to time.