Monday, October 13, 2008

Now We're Cooking


The other day our friend Ann called from the Holy Childhood Yearly Rummage Sale to tell us about a little wood play kitchen they had for sale. We snatched it up. Five bucks! It needs some serious cleaning and a new coat of paint, but it's so cute. I didn't want the big plastic Little Tykes stuff, so I am so happy to have an old-fashion kitchen for her. It even has a red formica counter top. Very '50s housewife. For now it's in the living room and Millie gleafully makes dada breakfast and soup every day.

She put all her plates in the top cabinets as soon as she saw it.




We've been working on "go stand over there and smile for Mommy." Then she rushes back over, scoots into my lap, and demands to see the image. Ah, the Instant Gratification Generation.

Here is her best "I'm a model, you know what I mean, and I shake my little tush on the cat walk" smile:


No comments: