Friday, October 23, 2009

Let the cookie season begin!

It snowed today. Really snowed. Seemed as good a day as any to make cookies. I used this opportunity as a practice run for the upcoming holiday season. Since this is my first foray into cookie decorating, I took Alissa's advice and used store bought dough, which freed me up to enjoy the decorating process. As you will see, it's very much a freshman effort on my part, but Millie was an old pro, pouring out a half bottle of sprinkles per cookie. I also made two Challah loaves and three batches of bars. Baking is both relaxing and creative, I am really enjoying it. Now if I could only bring someone in to do all the dishes that have stacked up...

First, we pretend to roll out the dough.


Then we smear.


Then we pour it on!


Yep, I think that's enough sprinkles. Too much?


For the next piece, she goes minimal.


"This one is for daddy."


"This one is for me."


"This one is for Betty."


The loot.


Sugar rush anyone?

2 comments:

Z Monkey said...

they look great, and it looks like you had a lot of fun!

Tune said...

Coco loves these pictures and keeps asking to see, "Millie making cookies." Very creative!